2014-02-25

Games Workshop Dwarf Lord Belegar Ironhammer

Belegar Ironhammer is another mini painted for eBay (eBay link), again intended to be a good tabletop standard. I took the boring route and did it in the official GW paint scheme and instead concentrated on painting speed. I also figured that using the 'Eavy Metal look would ensure that it fit into most peoples' armies and therefore would be easier to sell.

Unfortunately I had some trouble with the metallics, particularly the gold. I used Vallejo Game Colors and they aren't very good. I've been told that their Air Color metallics are much better, so I will acquire some of those before I paint the next mini with a lot of armor.

 On the other hand, the cape worked out better than expected, even though I used layering instead of wet-blending. I still haven't quite got the hang of the latter.


No comments:

Post a Comment