2014-02-25

Games Workshop Ultramarines Stormtalon

Last week I finished three minis, two of which were painted for eBay. One of those was this Ultramarines Stormtalon (eBay link), which I tried to paint to a reasonably good tabletop standard. The goal was to make it look good, while still doing it fairly quickly. The only part that didn't really turn out like I intended was the decals, which should probably have had another coat of matt varnish to hide their glossiness. Still it is about the same quality as the other Stormtalons currently available on eBay and I have set the starting price a bit lower than those. At the same time I am offering free shipping to tempt more people, so I hope that it will sell.

As I don't play, the minis I paint fit into two categories: Those I paint to get better at painting and those I paint to get faster at tabletop quality. The Stormtalon fits into the latter category. My other goal with these is, to make a little extra cash for the hobby as well as build up a portfolio to attract commission jobs.

Ohh, and the third goal of this Stormtalon was to try out my new airbrush :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment