2014-02-28

WIP: Rackham Confrontation Eclipsante, Part II

Here's a little update on the Eclipsante WIP. After doing some not so succesful experiments with the zenithal highlighting and glazing, I decided to go back to simple layering and blending. I started by painting all the skin a 50/50 mix of Vallejo Game Color Dead White and Beasty Brown as a basecoat. I followed this by a wash of pure Beasty Brown and then layered from the 50/50 mix up to a pure Dead White highlight.

Along the way the eyes were painted VGC Goblin Green and highlighted with a mix of Goblin Green and Dead White and finally the pupils were painted pure VGC Black.

The nose was basecoated with black and then given highlights of Citadel Eshin Grey and 50/50 Eshin Grey/Pure White.


To get an idea whether I was on the right track with my color choices, I basecoated the metal parts of the face mask with Eshin Grey, the leather straps with VGC Leather Brown, and the cloth with Citadel Doombull Brown. So far I think the color combinations looks to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment