2014-02-25

Rackham Confrontation Orc Kolghor

The third mini I finished last week was this orc by Rackham Miniatures for the Confrontation game. I got the mini as a gift from a friend on the CMoN forum and painted it for a painting challenge on the WAMP forum (I get around).

The deadline was last Monday and even though I started him three weeks before, there were still parts of him I didn't really finish, or at least didn't paint as good as I probably could.

Nevertheless he is probably among the three best minis I have ever painted. I'm particularly happy with the skin, both the cold nuance of green and the fairly smooth transitions from light to shadow, which was done with layering.

On the other hand I'm not that happy with the cloak. It blends a bit too much with the belts and other leather/fur parts on the back of the model. It should probably have been highlighted a bit further. The big rock on the base also looks a bit too much like a blob of green stuff and not a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment