2014-02-26

WIP: Rackham Confrontation Eclipsante

Yesterday I started work on Eclipsante from Rackham Miniatures (for Confrontation). I got her cleaned up and pinned together, but while doing a little filling with green stuff, she unfortunately tipped over and the weird blade sticking out from her jaw broke off. This didn't tear me up too much though, as I found it a bit ridiculous anyway.
The next step was priming, which I did with airbrush using Vallejo Israeli Sand Grey Surface Primer. The only reason I use this particular color is, that it is the one I have. When I bought it, the store didn't have any grey, so I went with this color instead.

After priming I sprayed on some white from above to get some zenithal highlights. It is one of the first times I've ever used this technique for mapping out the highlighted areas of a mini, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I've decided to do the metals in non-metallic colors. It is another new technique for me and I've only done it on one mini before, with mixed success, but that huge blade should be perfect for it. As for other colors I was thinking cream white for her fur and red/brown for her clothes. The base is probably going to be dominated by greens, so I think that should fit well. The grey NMM should give a nice contrast to the warm fur and clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment